|Hints & Tips > Wedding Planner|
10 - 6 Months
1. STYLE is going to influence everything, season, time of and the theme of the wedding
2. DECIDE on the size and budget
3. BOOK a venue and make sure about their smoking policy.
4. BOOK a church
5. ARRANGE a get together to compile a list of guests. Remember to involve both families, you are going to need them soon!
6. BOOK the caterers
7. ORGANISE the transport.
8. IF you suspect your honeymoon might be over the border, get your passport ready.
9. BOOK a photographer and or videographer
10. BOOK entertainment (DJ/Band) for the reception
11. BOOK a designer/dressmaker for your wedding gown and bridesmaids' dresses
12. VISIT the minister and organist and make arrangements for the ceremony. find out if they allow confetti - many churches have special requests regarding that.
13. DECIDE what you are going to do about invitations.
6 - 3 Months
1. FINALISE your guest list
2. ORDER or make your own stationery
3. ORDER a wedding cake, if it is not being supplied by the caterer
4. BOOK accomodation for the wedding night
5. GO shopping for the honeymoon as well as for gifts for the ushers, attendants and your husband-to-be
6. BUY or hire the groom's outfit and make sure the men in the bridal party know what sort of clothes they are expected to wear
7. IF your engagement ring needs alterations discuss it with you jeweller
8. MEET again with the officiating officer and arrange a rehearsal
9. BOOK the musicians for the ceremony and discuss your requirements with the organist
10. MAKE an appointment with a lawyer, if you don't want to get married in community of property and to explain your options.
11. BOOK your make-up artist as well as your hairdresser for the day and for a rehearsal
3 - 2 Months
1. POST your invitations at least 6 weeks before the wedding
2. BUY his wedding band
3. FINALISE the menu with the caterers
4. VISIT the florist and order bouguets, buttonholes and corsages. (Discuss the flowers for the ceremony and the reception)
5. BUY your shoes and underwear for the day
6. KEEP a list of replies to your invitations
1. VISIT your hairdresser and remember your veil or headdress to check if the style will work
2. VISIT the make-up artist for a test
3. DECIDE on reception seating and write the place cards
4. COLLECT your dress and accessories and make sure everything fits (Keep it in a safe and clean place)
5. CHECK that the bridesmaids dresses are finished and that they fit
6. GET confirmation in writing from each and every person. If necessary fax them a map and an emergency cellphone number for the wedding day
© theperfectwedding.co.za 2017